Experts on energy and environmental policy
The Pembina Institute is made up of engineers, scientists, analysts, MBAs and communication professionals working throughout B.C., Alberta and Ontario.
Many of our experts are available for speaking engagements.
Book us for your next event
The Pembina Institute can provide keynote speakers for events or experts for small format presentations to corporate groups, associations, government or the public. From our broadly knowledgeable and entertaining executive director, Ed Whittingham, to experts in the fields of renewable energy, energy efficiency, climate change, oilsands, liquified natural gas and transportation, we have speakers that inspire and educate with amazing insights and data.
Rates for senior staff are generally $2,000 to $2,500 plus expenses. We offer special rates for not-for-profits.
To book a speaker, email Lynne Whenham or call her at 604-874-8558 x226.
The Pembina Institute's Board of Directors provides governance, support and operational strategic direction for the organization. The board meets regularly throughout the year.
Our board comprises experienced and insightful professionals who bring to the table diverse perspectives on environmental priorities, business administration, and societal responsibility. Board members serve as volunteers.
Pembina Advisory Council
As voluntary members of the Pembina Advisory Council, the following individuals contribute their expertise, diverse perspectives and strategic advice to the Pembina Institute's Executive Director, Board of Directors and key staff on sustainable energy policy issues and challenges. They also offer perspectives on projects and strategies for consideration.
- Michael Adams, Founding President, Environics Research Group (communications & public opinion expertise)
- Mark Cameron, Director of Global Public Policy, Research in Motion (policy & political expertise)
- Karen Clarke-Whistler, Chief Environmental Officer, TD Bank Financial Group (industry expertise)
- Bob Elton, former CEO of BC Hydro and Chair, World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the New Energy Architecture (industry and policy expertise)
- Charlie Fischer, former CEO of Nexen Inc. and head of clean energy working group within the US-Canada Clean Energy Dialogue (industry expertise)
- Fred Gallagher, Principal, Innovitas Inc. (renewable and electrical energy expertise)
- David McLaughlin, President and CEO, National Roundtable on the Environment and the Economy (policy expertise)
Participation on this council does not in any way represent endorsement of the Pembina Institute's public policy positions and statements, and vice-versa.