Landowners' Guide to Wind Energy in Alberta
Written by Pembina's renewable energy experts, this guide helps landowners, companies and government understand and explain wind energy in Alberta. Whether you are a landowner negotiating with a wind power developer or a regional government looking at economic development, this guide can help you understand and get involved with the wind energy industry.
- Understand wind energy and how it works
- Learn about royalties and how to get the best deal for the use of your land
- Find out what regulations govern farm-scale wind developments
- Discover the development process and what questions to ask wind developers
- Learn the facts on wildlife, noise and other impacts
- Includes a special section by Gordon Howell on the Alberta Micro-generator Regulation that allows farm-scale operations to hook up to the grid
Alberta has a great wind resource - discover the opportunities to get involved.
Learn more about our programs: Renewable Energy & Efficiency.